We are all convinced that water is the first basic want of human life and as a result, the Government has made a concerted effort to bring water and water expansion to urban and rural areas. To this effect:
- 32 wells were dug.
- 66 boreholes were rehabilitated through a depth increase to enhance sustainable water supply.
- Exploration of 33 new boreholes has been completed and only pends commencement of drilling.
- 8 new dams have been drilled, and 12 have been repaired.
- 153 new water reservoirs have been constructed, and 203 existing ones reconditioned.
- Water supply expansion projects have been accomplished in Hargeisa, Burao, Berbera, Erigavo and Borama.
- The Hargeisa water supply expansion project is ongoing and nearing completion soon. 80% of water supply availability has completed while 30% of distribution to consumers is complete so far.