Security and National Defense
The government has made it a priority to strengthen security and borders in the Republic of Somaliland. To this effect
- The morale of the various branches of the Armed Forces has increased through welfare friendly programs.
- Increased the number and quality of recruits to the Armed Forces.
- In order to provide effective medical services to all serving officers of the armed forces construction, equipping and staffing of the National Army Hospital has been accomplished.
- The National Army Pensions and Retirement Compensation Act has been completed and approved. The Act, as its name implies, assures the rights and benefits of Armed Forces personnel.
- An End has been brought to all clan related violence in Saanag Region through government supported reconciliation.
- Implementation of a Regional and District Security Strategy has managed to reduce youth crime in urban centers of the country by 68%.