Based on the importance of health care and improve health services to the community, the government is focusing on the public’s access to economically affordable quality health services, therefore:
- Priority has been given to health services in vulnerable communities, such as
maternal and child health clinics.
- To improve health services at all levels 512 public health professionals have
been recruited and seconded to all regions.
- Provided further training to 3,100 Health Professionals, to improve the quality of health
services available to the Somaliland community.
- In 2018, 733,654 children under five years of age were vaccinated against infectious diseases,
10% more than in 2017.
- In 2019, 52 526,273 people in outpatient and inpatient care were treated free of charge
in public hospitals and clinics nationwide
- In 2020, for the first time in the history of Somaliland, 10 children underwent successful
heart surgery in Hargeisa, under full government sponsorship.
- 22 new public health centers equitably distributed nationwide were set up to provide health services.